Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shocked by sky-high phone bill

Shocked by sky-high phone bill
Submitted by shaza on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011


by CECILIA VICTOR
Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011 10:11:00

CLAIMING he has never had a telephone bill exceeding RM550, JAWAHAR of Kuala Lumpur is shocked to find his latest handphone charge to be RM1,200.25.

"I received the bill from Maxis on Dec 28 and immediately called their customer service centre to complain. The staff promised to call me after four working days to provide an explanation," he says, adding the call never came.

JAWAHAR says when he called the second time, another staff he spoke to apologised and proposed to reduce his bill to RM250.

JAWAHAR says he did not agree to this and the staff then promised to call him back.

"I disagreed because I never made all those calls that were listed in my itemised bill.

"I have been a Maxis customer for 16 years. My record with them is so good that they gave me a credit limit of more than RM3,000 before.

"Previously, I never bothered to check my bill. This is the first time I'm doing it and this is what happens."
JAWAHAR is still waiting for Maxis to explain to him on the overcharging.

● A SPOKESMAN for Maxis Communications Bhd thanks JAWAHARr for bringing up the matter to them and apologises for the inconvenience caused.

"We have contacted JAWAHARr and resolved the issue amicably, and he has accepted our apology.

"Instead of the full RrM250, we've agreed to have JAWAHARr pay only RrM86. We take full responsibility for this.

"The complainant is a long-time client and we appreciate his loyalty towards Maxis. We hope to keep on serving him better."

The spokesman advises customers to contact them directly through customercare@maxis.com.my or call at 1 800 821 123 to enable them to assist and respond to feedback.

When contacted, JAWAHAR says he is pleased with Maxis for solving the matter in a professional manner and hopes they keep up the good service.

http://mmail.com.my/content/62609-shocked-skyhigh-phone-bill

No comments:

Post a Comment