List of racial discriminations in Malaysia :
(1) Of the five major banks, only one is multi-racial, the rest are controlled by Malays.
(2) 99% of Petronas directors are Malays.
(3) 3% of Petronas employees are non-Malays.
(4) 99% of 2000 Petronas gasoline stations are owned by Malays.
(5) 100% of all contractors working under Petronas projects must be of Bumi status.
(6) 0% of non-Malay staff is legally required in Malay companies. But there must be 30% Malay staffs in non-Malay companies.
(7) 5% of all new intakes for government police, nurses, army, are non-Malays.
(8) 2% is the present Chinese staff in Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF), a drop from 40% in 1960.
(9) 2% is the percentage of non-Malay government servants in Putrajaya, but Malays make up 98%.
(10) 7% is the percentage of Chinese government servants in the entire government (in 2004); a drop from 30% in 1960.
(11) 95% of government contracts are given to Malays.
(12) 100% of all business licensees are controlled by Malays, e..g. Taxi permits, Approved permits, etc.
(13) 80% of the Chinese rice millers in Kedah had to be sold to Malay controlled Bernas in the1980s. Otherwise, life would be made difficult for Chinese rice millers.
(14) 100 big companies set up, owned and managed by non-Malay Malaysians were taken over by the government, and later managed by Malays, since 1970s, e.g. UTC, UMBC, MISC, Southern Bank etc.
(15) At least 10 Chinese owned bus companies (throughout Malaysia in the past 40 years) had to be sold to MARA or other
Malay transport companies due to rejection by Malay authorities to Chinese applications for bus routes and rejection of their applications for new buses.
(16) Two Chinese taxi drivers were barred from driving in Johor Larkin bus station. There are about 30 taxi drivers and three were Chinese in Oct. 2004. Spoiling taxi club properties was the reason given.
(17) 0 non-Malays are allowed to get shop lots in the new Muar bus station Nov.. 2004).
(18) 8000 billion ringgit is the total amount the government channeled to Malay pockets through ASB, ASN, MARA, privatization of government agencies, Tabung Haji etc, through NEP over a 34 years period.
(19) 48 Chinese primary schools were closed down from 1968 - 2000.
(20) 144 Indian primary schools were closed down from 1968 - 2000.
(21) 2637 Malay primary schools were built from 1968 - 2000.
(22) 2.5% is the government budget for Chinese primary schools. Indian schools got only 1%, Malay schools got 96.5%.
(23) While a non-Malay parent with RM1000 salary (monthly) cannot get school textbook loan, a Malay parent with RM2000 salary is eligible.
(24) All 10 public university vice chancellors are Malays.
(25) 5% of the government universities' lecturers are of non-Malay origins. This percentage has been reduced from about 70% in 1965 to only 5% in 2004.
(26) Only 5% has been given to non-Malays for government scholarships in over 40 years.
(27) 0 Chinese or Indians were sent to Japan and Korea under the 'Look East Policy.'
(28) 128 STPM Chinese top students could not get into the course to which they aspired, i.e. Medicine (in 2004).
(29) 10% quotas are in place for non-Bumi students for MARA science schools beginning in 2003, but only 7% are filled. Before that it was 100% Malays.
(30) 50 cases in which Chinese and Indian Malaysians are beaten up in the National Service program in 2003.
(31) 25% of the Malaysian population was Chinese in 2004, a drop from 45% in 1957.
(32) 7% of the Malaysian population is Indian (2004), a drop from 12% in 1957.
(33) 2 million Chinese Malaysians have emigrated
in the past 40 years.
(34) 0.5 million Indian Malaysians have emigrated overseas.
(35) 3 million Indonesians have migrated to Malaysia and
become Malaysian citizens with Bumi status.
(36) 600,000 Chinese and Indian Malaysians with red ICs were
rejected repeatedly when applying for citizenship in the past 40
years. Perhaps 60% of them had already passed away due to
old age. This shows racism, based on how easily Indonesians
got their citizenships compared with the Chinese and Indians.
(37) 5% - 15% discount for a Malay to buy a house, regardless of
whether the Malay is rich or poor.
(38) 2% is what new Chinese villages get, compared with 98%
of what Malay villages got for rural development budget.
(39) 0 temples/churches were built for each housing estate. But
every housing estate got at least one mosque/surau built.
(40) 3000 mosques/suraus were built in all housing estates
throughout Malaysia since 1970. No temples or churches are
required to be built in housing estates.
(41) 1 Catholic church in Shah Alam took 20 years to apply to have
a building constructed. But they were told by Malay authority
that it must look like a factory and not like a church. As of 2004
the application still has not been approved.
(42) 1 publishing of a Bible in the Iban language was banned (in 2002).
(43) 0 of the government TV stations (RTM1, RTM2, TV3) have
directors of non-Malay origin.
(44) 30 government produced TV dramas and films always showed that
the bad guys had non-Malay faces, and the good guys had
Malay faces. You can check it out since 1970s. Recent years, this has
become less of a tendency.
(45) 10 times, at least, Malays (especially Umno) had threatened to
massacre the Chinese Malaysians using May 13, since 1969.
(46) 20 constituencies won by DAP would not get funds from the
government to develop. These Chinese majority constituencies
would be the last to be developed.
(47) 100 constituencies (parliaments and states) had been racially
re-delineated so that Chinese votes were diluted for Chinese candidates.
This is one of the main reasons why DAP candidates have consistently
lost in elections since the 1970s. (update to 2008 needed)
(48) Only 3 out of 12 human rights items are ratified by the Malaysian
government since 1960.
(49) 0 - elimination of all forms of racial discrimination (UN Human Rights)
has not been ratified by the Malaysian government since 1960s.
(50) 20 reported cases whereby Malay ambulance attendances treated
non-Malay patients inhumanely, and Malay government hospital
staffs purposely delayed attending to non-Malay patients in 2003.
Unreported cases may be 200.
(51) 20 cases every year whereby Chinese drivers who accidentally
knocked down Malays were seriously assaulted or killed by Malays.
(52) 12% is what ASB/ASN got per annum while banks fixed deposits
are only about 3.5% per annum.
There are hundreds more examples of racial discrimination in Malaysia to
add to this list.
New Privacy Features and Updated Policies - We’re rolling out updates to our privacy features and policies in the coming weeks. You’ll have more control over your personal information and more detail...
1 week ago